SGX is committed to a high standard of corporate governance. As one of the elements of corporate governance, the Whistleblowing Policy ("Policy") aims to:
- provide a trusted avenue for employees, vendors, customers and other stakeholders to report serious wrongdoing or concerns, particularly in relation to fraud, controls or ethics, without fear of reprisals when whistleblowing in good faith; and
- ensure that robust arrangements are in place to facilitate independent investigation of the reported concern and for the appropriate follow up actions to be taken.
The Policy is intended to facilitate whistleblowing relating to improper, unethical or fraudulent conduct in the following general areas:
- financial reporting, accounting or other financial matters;
- corruption, misappropriation or blackmail;
- any criminal offence or failure to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- significant breaches of SGX policies or internal controls, including the Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- endangerment of the health and safety of an individual; or
- concealment of any of the above.
SGX will not tolerate the harassment or victimization of anyone reporting a genuine concern. Furthermore, no person should suffer reprisal as a result of reporting a genuine concern, even if they are mistaken. However, this assurance does not extend to any person who intentionally provides information in a report which they know or reasonably believe to be untrue.
The individual should report his/her concern to the Head of Internal Audit, who is responsible for handling all reported cases and ensuring that issues raised are properly resolved by the Management or such parties as appropriate. The channels of reporting to the Head of Internal Audit are as follows:
|Head of Internal Audit
11 North Buona Vista Drive
#06-07 The Metropolis
|Telephone||(65) 6236 8585|
All concerns raised will be independently assessed by Head of Internal Audit to ensure that they are fairly and properly considered. Any individual making a whistleblowing report will retain his/her anonymity unless he/she agrees otherwise. He/she will also be kept informed of who is handling the matter.
All records will be retained and kept strictly confidential by the Head of Internal Audit, in accordance with the SGX Document Retention and Destruction Policy.